Below is information for the event. Contact us with any questions.
Updates for State Coordinators can be found here – 2022 Updates.
Zoom Links and Reminders
Check back here for links to the various orientations.
- Wednesday – 12:00 pm Coaches Roundtable
- Wednesday – 1:30 pm NHSMTC Business Meeting
- Wednesday – 3:00 pm Coaches Orientation
- Wednesday – 4:00 pm Timekeeper Orientation
- Wednesday – 4:00 pm Artist Orientation
- Wednesday – 4:00 pm Journalist Orientation
- Wednesday – OPENING CEREMONY!!
- All students to attend! This includes artists, journalists, and all participating and nonparticipating team members!
- Please have two devices ready. One to watch and interact with the show and a phone to play along!
Schematic & Pairing Information
You can find schematics in one of two places. Check social media and emails to the primary teacher contact for their release. Links to the appropriate Zoom Courthouses will be embedded in those documents.
- First, please look under the SCHEDULE tab. By each round will be a link.
- Second, a pairing may be placed here as well.
Rules of Competition and Rules of Evidence
From the NHSMTC Website https://www.nationalmocktrial.org
- Rules of Competition
- Note: Section 7 for Courtroom Artists
- Note: Section 8 for Courtroom Journalists
- Rules of Evidence
- Scoring System Explained
- Courtroom Artist Rules: See above Rules in Section 7.
- Courtroom Journalist Rules: See above Rules in Section 8.
- As always, you are more than welcome to scrimmage. Please note neither the MCCE (host) nor the NHSMTC will be monitoring or arranging any practices.
- You can coordinate interest from this publicly available form: https://bit.ly/2022NHSMTCScrimmage
Materials for Teams
- Case Materials
- Case Queestion and Answer Document
- FAQ (Please always read rules for yourselves and contact the NHSMTC for clarity. This document raises questions discussed at the orientations. You will see comments to the side to flag various questions raised. Again – consults rules and NHSMTC for your best intererpetation.
Virtual Processes and Protocols
- Use this guide to properly name everyone on the team for competition Rounds.
- See the school orientation document used for the school orientations here.
Competition Recognition and Award Materials
- Please complete both the Plaintiff and Defense Rosters by 5 PM ET May, 2nd
- For the virtual event, the rosters are being shared in a shared Google Drive. It is the responsibility of each team to submit their rosters. Teams may make adjustments to their rosters by a) uploading a revised roster and/or b) updating the teams of the information in preliminary matters. Please make every attempt to honor pronouns as listed.
- ★ Plaintiff Rosters Can be Found Here: https://bit.ly/2022PlaintiffRosters
- ★ Defense Rosters Can be Found Here: https://bit.ly/2022DefenseRosters
- Larry Bakko Awards
- NEW!!! TIMEKEEPER ORIENTATION VIDEO!
- Timekeeper Manual
- Time Cards
- Time Card Use Table
- Official Time Sheet
The 2022 Educational Seminars
- All volunteers are encourage the attend and share the information on educational seminars!
In Person Events
If you are able to join us in person (volunteers and other adults are invited in person), please consider joining us for these in person events. RSVP links are below.